Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Final Artist Statement

During this year I have learned many helpful tips about cameras, photoshop, and camera tips that I know will be helpful in my future. At first when I sign up for digital photography, I though I wasn't creative enough to be in this class. When we started to make or create photograph into something different I started to realize all I needed to have is good ideas and willingness to learn and pay attention to direction so that I wouldn't be all lost.
In my portfolio I am most successful with my surreal project. I really think I am creative, is just that I wasn't capable of seeing that in me. In this project I combined all my dreams into only one. I included only the special symbols from the dreams I have had. One of the symbols from my dream is water. I have been dreaming too much about water and babies. I created a small river coming from the mountains and the babies I created a sky with a moon and some white and grey clouds, and I put the baby faces in the clouds and moon.If I could do the assignment again I would of done some things differently. For example, I would of made shadows on me, the flowers, and probably the little house on the right side. Overall I did a really good job of creating a surrealism project of my own.
One of the useful tools I really enjoyed and help me throughout my project was photoshop tutorials on creating a river and shadows. The one project that really connected with me and my life was the personal quilt about my past. Although my quincenera passed, I will always remember that special day. It was a special day for me because its been a mexican tradition. Also all the people that I used to make this project are my family members. They are always going to be there when I need them and I can always count on them when I need any advice or help with my problems.
My life experiences have a great impact on my artwork because when I don't know what to create or make I always think of what has happened in my life and that helps me think of ideas to do my projects on. They also help me create feelings on the projects I do. What would artwork be without any emotional feeling when you see it? I enjoy having my own experiences reflected on my artwork because that shows who I really am and also the artwork would be most creative and fantastic.
Overall I enjoy doing projects involving and creating photographs about my life and learning new things. All the artist I have learned about in this class, I really relate most to Dali because in his artwork you can see and feel emotion as you see his artwork. I think I also create feelings in my artwork. I love how you feel there is or that you feel you are in the piece of art. The most meaningful project that I have created was the surrealism project. This is so important to me because I showed how all me dreams can be one and how only it takes little steps to do a big job.

No comments: